https://themarmeladegypsy.blogspot.com/2021/09/postcards-from-lake-roadtrip-to-boyne.html
A painting that Jeanie of Marmalade Gypsy did during a workshop and study of B/W painting. I was taken by her palette and the guy in the corner of her mixing tray. Is he holding a coyote? Could be- I love accidents like this, so inspiring. Love the perspective and his tiny red head, even the background is perfect.
It is hunting season- truthfully I have never held hunters in high regard., how about in no regard at all. In Wyoming, the season drew trophy hunters, hide getters and meat eaters, from out of state and out- of -state spells opportunists with little thought for the eco-system , the land or the culture of the state. Outsiders, generally disasters, dressed in costumes- obvious before they opened their mouths that they just dropped in from Dudeland- arrogant, demanding and not aware of hunting protocol other than round up some animals and shoot 'em. Like fish in a barrel. I hated hunting season- the thick smell of blood in the air . Carcasses draped over trucks, high powered rifles displayed . Heavy sad atmosphere and men- far too many men.
I worked in a gas station one season- pumping their oversized trucks full of fossil- and after a while I could no longer do it, I would send them down the road with a "fuck you, asshole, go back to your pent house". Yeah, I got fired but felt vindicated. and kind of like the Queen of Wyoming, a champion for wildlife.
Common knowledge that this is also bear season in that they are trying to fill up on berries before hibernation and they may still have babies to protect. Keep a distance , make noise to warn bear- which rather defeats the purpose of sneaking up silently on an elk...anyway, folks who do not know the dance will cause terrible things to happen.
Report that a 45 year old man was mauled by a grizzly- turns out that that man shot the mother as she was trying to protect her cubs, killed her- land management people had to kill the cubs as a result,
The man is fine, a few scratches they say. Photo of the cubs taken earlier as they are a protected endangered species, Game and Fish and science kept track of their doings. for study.
Fine, help yourself to a dip in the pool, I'll hold your fanny pack.
My rant for the day as it is hunting season- and I am homesick. Wyoming in Autumn is a potential slice O' heaven, hunters wreck everything they can , then go back to their where evers to boast about their huge packages.




0 Yorumlar