The three names we most often hear as possible vice presidential choices for Sen. Obama, are Biden, Kaine and Bayh. There is something I hope the campaign is keeping in mind, the ages of these three men.
If Sen. Obama chooses Biden as his veep, and assuming that Obama serves for two terms, at the end of that second term Biden would be about 74 years old and most likely would decide not to run for president. Then we would be where the repubs are now. We would have to start from scratch searching for a candidate.
If Sen. Obama picks Kaine, we would be in good shape in eight years. At that time Kaine would be about 58. And should Sen. Obama choose Evan Bayh, Bayh would be about 61 at the end of Sen. Obama’s second term.
Okay, after I’ve done all this math and thinking, watch Senator Obama choose someone who hasn’t even been mentioned as a possibility. I just hope he keeps his vice president’s age in mind.

0 Yorumlar