Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Does Democracy Only Work One Way? Another One Of My Favourite Peace Songs. "We don't need no uniforms, we'll have no disguise, Divided we stand, together we'll rise".

Every time I turn on the news it's nothing but Scottish independence.  It's starting to annoy me, a bit like when the Christmas songs start playing in the shops and on the old John Logie Baird Machine - television.  He was  a Scottish inventor, wasn't he?  The thing what really annoys me is why do English people and ex pats like myself not get a say and a vote on whether we want independence from Scotland?

Any road.  An old Marillion song started playing in my head when I was thinking about this.  I remember Fish (the lead singer) telling the people with county and international banners and flags to take them down at that great  Milton Keynes Bowl ("I was there") 'Garden Party' rock festival on Saturday June 28th (I looked it up) 1986 while Marillion sung 'White Feather'.  It's a song about pacifism and peace.  But I think it's lyrics are so appropriate for today.  Enjoy the video.
The Milton Keynes concert was excellent.  I think the ticket cost 12 Pounds?  The line up was Mamas Boys, Magnum, Jethro Tull and Gary Moore (r.i.p) and his band.  It was a glorious summers day and it was a great concert.  I have been very lucky to see some great classic rock bands in my time.  My favourites being: Blue Oyster Cult, Rush, Marillion, Thin Lizzy, The Scorpions, Emerson Lake and Palmer and this year was my ultimate concert: Kansas in Warsaw.  Some people talk about Woodstock and Led Zeppelin at Knebworth being their favourite outdoor rock festival.   For me it was Milton Keynes 1986.  What was your favourite concert?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar