The woods are wet and cold. The trees are wearing their diamond shaped earrings made from the raindrops.
I love the woods when it rains. Even though at this time it is tired and almost bare of color, there is still so much color to be found......
the moss on the trees show up in their lovely hues of lime green
and blue greenish gray.
The bushes are showing off their colorful berries, attracting many birds to our door.
Color seems to be everywhere.....if you look for it. {:
The chickens don't seem to mind the cold, damp weather.....they are tromping around in the mud and crooning their daily song.....they are such tough little ladies.
Sophie comes in with me and settles into her favorite place by the fire to warm her soggy feet.

I'm off to the kitchen to check my pantry for baking supplies. I plan to make peppermint bark with an assortment of cookies to send to loved ones across the miles this holiday. This candy is so easy make and wonderful to ship in pretty containers. And is has such a wonderful flavor. The recipe is posted on my cooking blog if you would like to try it. Just click on this link.
"wake me up when it's warmer" he seems to say...and goes back to sleep.

I'm off to the kitchen to check my pantry for baking supplies. I plan to make peppermint bark with an assortment of cookies to send to loved ones across the miles this holiday. This candy is so easy make and wonderful to ship in pretty containers. And is has such a wonderful flavor. The recipe is posted on my cooking blog if you would like to try it. Just click on this link.
How about you? Do you like rainy days, hot sunny days, or snowy blowy days? What kind of Christmas goodies do you like to make? I would love to hear!

0 Yorumlar