Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

WHERE'S THE KFC???

So this is my second day of blogging and I'm uber excited! Even with this headache that I swear only KFC can cure I'm pushing through to get this second installment out, so here goes....


For those who read my first post where I commented on Mr. Chris Gayle's beachwear at smirnoff exclusive in Negril ( see previous post now). On Sunday night I found myself at The Spot, a party put on by the French Connection promoters at Morgan's Harbor. I had a great time! the decor was on point and because it wasn't that publicized it never "ram" which I love.


During the night my friend "pinged" me, "U big friend Chris is here" lol I almost died and was somewhat fearful lol. After being told his exact location ... there was Mr. Gayle in a....black and white version of the same outfit sigh,vest zipped down to belly button ,captain's hat included, which made him easier to spot.  But big up uself Mr. Gayle!! I will speak of you no more lol now on to the matters at hand....STYLE!!!


I wore a maxi dress to the event, never before have I worn a maxi dress but now I think I need to buy three more! I rarely feel "sexy", more "cute" or "edgy" but not "sexy". A maxi dress can do wonders! You don't have one?...get one! and if you have one wear it all the time and I guarantee you your life will be better,promotion and all sort o tings!

I found a couple of cute ones online. I like black,gray and other pale, some may say depressing colors,I just feel weird in colorful pieces so forgive me if my choice colors are a bit dull. However, keep in mind lighter shades like nude is also very in now. Just because its summer doesn't mean you have to look like a skittles tree!


Everyone looks great in a dress with a low scoop back! If you can find a maxi like this you're sure to turn heads and heads:)
                                            Topshop.com






Check out this maxi dress with cut outs at the sides for the more daring woman!


Another recent obsession of mine has been cropped tops. I love my scissors by the way. I tend to cut a lot of my clothes, but sometimes I wish I didn't lol so think long and hard before you cut an older piece into something new and grab a tape measure! What was to be a shorter dress became a top for me in one case and not a very cute top so there was no wearing that and alas, an outfit ruined.


If you have an old tee at home especially one a bit loose and with this worn vintage look you can easily transform it into a trendy cropped top. Grab your scissors and cut the tee so that it ends up landing about 2 inches above your belly button. You can cut it straight across or with a curve so that the sides end up a bit longer than the front. I dont mind the raw edges but you can hem it if you're on the neater side of life. They look great with a high waisted fitted skirt!



For the past two days I've been blasting Sean Kingston featuring Nikki Minaj "letting go". I love this song! and I'm not really a Sean Kingston fan but he reps Jamaica and I love that:). They shot the video in Jamaica and Nikki chose some interesting pieces to wear in the dancehall scene(typical foriegn video shot in JA lol).


I love Nikki Minaj and she definitely has her own personal style, she loves colors and although I do like the 80's inspired cropped top, I don't get the rope roun(patois) her neck! Maybe if it was in a different color and had more layers but its too close in color to the actual top..aaaand I still don't really get it..but I luv uuuu Nikki!!!

I love the idea of  rope as a neckpiece. In fact my line, 'YC' did one for our summer collection so I'm definitely feeling the idea. I would have just gone for dramatic! It's a music video after all




My video pick of the week,(however this does not mean I'll necessarily feature a video weekly) is Kanye West's "Power". Its like a minute long and has Kanye's usual masonic images but I think the art direction is beautiful! and nude color clothing is all around! or rather cloth lol...was probably too expensive to be any longer...

Check it out if you haven't already!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L53gjP-TtGE


LINK UP TOMORROW!!!....



WE CLEEEEAANNN 'N OUT!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar